I voted in support of the bipartisan funding bill.
In Georgia, the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2017:
- Fully supports cyber operations, including those at Fort Gordon, by providing $6.7 billion for Department of Defense cyber operations, an increase of $992 million.
- Includes $42.7 million for the Savannah Harbor Expansion Project.
- Provides a 2.1 percent pay raise for the more than 100,000 active duty service members stationed in Georgia.
- Provides funding for Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation Activities, including $335 million in funding to help fulfill the international commitment by the U.S. to operate a Mixed Oxide (MOX) Fuel Fabrication Facility to dispose of surplus plutonium at the Savannah River Site.
- Includes $2.89 billion for Agriculture research, including the Agriculture & Food Research Initiative (AFRI), which funds important research programs at the University of Georgia.
The American Conservative Union Foundation presented me with an award for Conservative Excellence. Thank you!
I spoke in support of the Working Families Flexibility Act on the House Floor.
This legislation will empower hardworking families to better balance work and family obligations. As a member of the Education and the Workforce Committee, I am proud to have supported this legislation. It passed the House of Representatives on Tuesday by a vote of 229-197.
Click here to watch my speech in full.
It was a pleasure to be able to meet with visitors from Camp Sunshine! They are dedicated to creating a place where children with cancer can be kids again.
One of the campers is Diosy Morales from Grovetown, GA. It was a pleasure to see a friendly face from Georgia’s 12th
district in Washington DC!
Happy Small Business Week!
As a small business owner for almost 40 years, I know firsthand how difficult it can be to build a successful business in a challenging economic climate like the one we are facing today. I will continue working hard to make sure that Georgians are able to grow their businesses without overly burdensome regulations from the federal government.
Did you know…
- There are nearly 1 million small business in Georgia
- 44% of Georgia employees work for small businesses
This week, House Republicans made historic strides towards repealing and replacing Obamacare once and for all.
To read my full statement on the American Health Care Act please click here.
Share your thoughts with me. You can email me ⇒ HERE, contact any of our offices or join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Don’t forget to sign up for my Telephone Town Halls. Click HERE to register your name and number to ensure that you’re contacted for all future calls from me. I hope you had a great week!
Member of Congress