The House of Representatives passed legislation today that will repeal and replace Obamacare, once and for all. Congressman Rick W. Allen (R-GA-12) released the following statement in support of the American Health Care Act:
“For seven years, Americans have been subject to Obamacare. Premiums have skyrocketed, coverage has dwindled and access to physicians has decreased. Some Georgians in the 12th District have only one choice when it comes to insurance providers—and often not the choice they want. Enough is enough.
Today, I supported the American Health Care Act because President Trump and Congress made a promise to repeal and replace Obamacare. President Trump has said he is behind our efforts 100%, and I am committed to fighting to restore patient-centered, cost-effective and market-driven solutions to our health care system. Simply put, my goal is to have a healthcare system that works for my constituents, and I believe the American Health Care Act is the answer.
I call on my colleagues in the Senate to quickly take up this legislation so that those in Georgia’s 12th district and throughout the country can find relief from the binds of our failing health care system.”
The American Health Care Act:
- Dismantles Obamacare taxes
- Eliminates individual and employer mandate penalties
- Guarantees coverage to Americans with pre-existing conditions
- Helps young adults access insurance by allowing dependents to continue staying on their parents’ plan until they are 26
- Empowers individuals and families to spend their health care dollars the way they want my strengthening Health Savings Accounts
- Establishes a patient and state stability fund to meet unique needs of their patient populations
- Modernizes and strengthens Medicaid
- Protects current Medicaid beneficiaries
- Provides monthly tax credits to low and middle-income individuals and families who do not receive healthcare through work or government program