Rep. Rick Allen Supports Balanced Budget Resolution
First Joint Ten-Year Balanced Budget Resolution Since 2001
U.S. Congressman Rick Allen (R-Ga.-12) released the following statement after the House passed the Conference Report to S. Con. Res. 11, the budget agreement reached by the House and the Senate for Fiscal Year 2016:
“For the first time since 2001, the House and Senate have come together to put forth a budget that balances within 10 years, and it does so without raising taxes. While there is still much work ahead, this agreement represents a meaningful first step towards restoring fiscal responsibility in Washington. I came to Congress to advance policies that grow our economy and empower all Americans with more opportunities. This budget makes real progress towards achieving these goals by reining in government spending and cutting waste to promote economic growth.
“Families and businesses across Georgia’s 12th district sit down and balance their budgets – and rightfully expect the federal government to do the same. This plan sets needed priorities for Washington and makes our government more efficient and accountable to the American people. With this new direction, I look forward to continuing to fight for solutions that put our country back on track and create a better future for our children and grandchildren.”
According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, the FY 2016 Congressional budget resolution will generate $400 billion in additional economic growth and create 1.2 million additional jobs over the next 10 years.
The agreement, which achieves $5 trillion in savings, creates more opportunities for Americans by:
· Balancing the budget in less than 10 years with no tax increases to grow the economy and protect economic opportunity for future generations.
· Repealing ObamaCare, along with its burdensome mandates and tax increases, and allowing Congress to replace it with patient-centered reforms that make health care more affordable and expand patient choice.
· Simplifying the tax code to eliminate burdens on hardworking families and job creators.
· Providing a strong national defense with immediate increases in funding for the military to ensure needed resources for our men and women in uniform.
· Preserving Medicare and protecting seniors’ access to health care by extending the life of the Medicare Hospital Insurance Trust Fund.
· Cutting government waste and promoting regulatory reform to save taxpayer dollars and improve efficiency and accountability of the federal government.
· Calling on Congress to pass a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution, which will help forge a more fiscally responsible path forward (Click HERE to see Congressman Allen’s previous efforts to support a balanced budget amendment).
Legislative text of the FY 2016 Budget Conference Report can be found HERE.
Washington, DC Office
426 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-2823
Fax: (202) 225-3377
Augusta District Office
2743 Perimeter Parkway
Building 200, Suite 225
Augusta, GA 30909
Phone: (706) 228-1980
Fax: (706) 228-1954
- Dublin District Office
- Statesboro District Office
- Vidalia District Office